2014 TEST OF PROFICIENCY IN KOREAN
Test of Proficiency in Korean (TOPIK) is designed to assess and certify the language proficiency of learners of Korean as a second or foreign language. Test results can be used as a guideline for placing foreign students into Korean universities or non-native workers into enterprises in Koreaoroverseas.
Applicants should be either those whose first language is not Korean, or background speakers who have not completed formal education in Korea.
2. Date of the test: Sunday 12th October 2014
3. Test site
You may sit the test at one of the following test sites:
- University of New South Wales
- University of Sydney
- Australia Korean School: Pennant Hills High
- Lindfield Korean School: Turramurra High
- Sydney Full Gospel Church Korean Language School: Marsden High
- Korean Catholic Language School: St Joachim’s Primary School
- Chodae Baptist Church Korean School: Newington Public School
- Brisbane Korean Language School: Holland Park State High School
- Gold Coast Korean Academy
- Australian National University
- Korean Language School of Melbourne: Wesley College Prahran Campus
- Korean Language School of WA: Kent St Senior High School
- University of Western Australia
(Note: Not all test levels may be available at some test sites)
4. Time table
TOPIK I (1~2 Grade): 09:30~11:10 (Listening/Reading)
TOPIK II (3~6 Grade): 12:30~14:20 (Listening/Writing) 14:50~16:00 (Reading)
5. Announcement of results: 10 November 2014
6. Application procedure
1) Obtaining an application form
Application forms can be obtained at one of the test sites, TOPIK Administration Centre or downloaded from the website of ‘Korean Education Centre’ (www.auskec.org-->‘KEC NEWS’).
2) Lodging the application form
Application forms must be lodged at the TOPIK Administration Centre by 10th August
3) Test voucher
Once the host institutions receive the application form, a test voucher will be posted to the applicant approximately 4 weeks prior to the test date.
4) Test fees
TOPIK I (1 ~ 2 Grade) : $30
TOPIK II (3 ~ 6 Grade) : $35
· Please note that only cheques or money orders will be accepted by post.
· Cheques or money orders must be made payable to ‘TOPIK’
7. Web pages
Please visit the following websites of ‘Korean Education Centre’ or ‘TOPIK’ for further information and past papers.
Before lodging your application, please be sure that your application includes the following:
1. Completed Application Form
2. 2 Photographs (3x4 cm)
3. Test fee
※ You must attach coloured passport photos.
9. TOPIK Administration
Korean Education Centre
Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Sydney
Suite 401, 130 Elizabeth St Sydney 2000
Tel: 02-9261-8033 Web: www.auskec.org